Guide showing all watchtowers upgrades and vehicles available on Maine map.
In Snowrunner, watchtowers are marked on the map with tower icons. There are now three map states:
- Discovered: where the player has driven, shown in full color, and nearby tasks and vehicles are clickable.
- Map-only: area not covered by watchtowers, but not traversed by the player, shown in greyscale, no clickable objectives, but vehicles are shown by their shape.
- Cloaked: like in previous games, the map is blackened out.
Cloaking behavior is similar to Spintires again, travelling through cloaked areas will reveal them, but on a wider path than was the case in Spintires.
Watchtowers are unlocked by driving into the blue marked area near them, which will allow the player to start a fixed fly-over animation, reveal the map and notify of any tasks or vehicles in the unlocked area. The animation can be repeated for already unlocked watchtowers.
You can check, SnowRunner all watchtowers & vehicles, SnowRunner tire differences, and SnowRunner guides.
Maine All Watchtowers & Vehicles
- Total Watchtowers – 7
- Total Upgrades – 5
- Total Vehicles – 1
- Trailers – 1
Maine USA – The Lowland
- Watchtowers – 4
- Upgrades – 1
- Raised Suspension Kit – Int Transtar 4070A
- Vehicles – Aramatsu Forester
- Trailers – 1
Note: Aramatsu Forester, unlocked after completing the mission Abandoned Titan.
Maine USA – Yellowrock National Forest
- Watchtowers – 3
- Upgrades – 4
- Active Suspension Kit – DAN 96320
- Special Gearbox Fine Tune – Freightliner M916A1
- Reworked Engine – Derry Longhorn 4520
- Raised Suspension Kit – Tayga 6455B