Table of Contents Show
As Season Seven continues, the team have been working on the next time-limited Adventure along with additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing more of this content to the game in today’s release, update 188.8.131.52.
Sea of Thieves The Herald of the Flame 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
For a rundown of the most recent Pirate Emporium additions and late September’s set of improvements and fixes, see the previous release notes. For more information on all the new content that arrived in Season Seven, check out the launch release notes!
The Herald of the Flame: A Sea of Thieves Adventure
As the ferocious Devil’s Roar begins to fall silent, Belle fears the prophecy could be coming true, heralding a dark ritual soon to take place. Her allies set off to scour the region, uncover the truth and face the fallout in this eighth time-limited Adventure!
‘The Herald of the Flame’ (October 13th – October 27th)
- Belle has returned to Stitcher Jim’s old hideout to consult various manuscripts and parchments concerning the prophecy. The silencing of seismic activity in The Devil’s Roar is a worrying omen.
- Speak to Larinna to begin this new Adventure, then head out to liaise with Belle at Liar’s Backbone.
- Time is short, and you’ll need to seek proof of the truth behind the prophecy. An ally will lend a hand as you locate the trail of an old enemy, expose his deeds and dealings since your last encounter and put together the pieces of this puzzle before it’s too late…
- Pirates who fully complete the Adventure will earn an exclusive Title and a cosmetic reward to serve as a Memento of their quest.
Sea of Thieves 220.127.116.11 Fixed Issues
Visual and Audio
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Pirates reaching the top of the Siren Spire will once again find Cutler Beckett guarding the Dead Man’s Chest.
- Crews uncovering the Mystery of DeMarco’s death and descending to the Shrine will now find all characters are present during the final cutscene.
- Crews cashing in Athena’s Fortune treasure or Emissary Flags should no longer see a placeholder Commendation unlocked.
Larinna Adventure Dialogue Discoverability
- Unless a player’s whole crew are present when talking to Larinna, she will revert to her dialogue about purchasing Captained ships rather than offering the option to begin the latest Adventure.
Reduced Server Performance
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters. While improvements were most recently released in update 2.5.3, the team continue to work on further improvements for future updates.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.
To learn more about known issues in
Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.