How to defend your base, while outnumbered
Enemy is engaging on you with 12 warband units. You have total of 3 warband units. Here is how to increase your chances of winning the fight.
- 1) Draw a large square and drag all of your civilians on a tile, that your opponent cant reach right away. Transform civilian units that don’t produce food to villagers. The reason you want villagers is that you can re-colonize the area your opponent might capture, with the extra food you’ve produced.
- 2) If your opponent can’t reach your main tile right away and have to go trough +1 tiles, you have enough time to QUICKLY build some military buildings to increase your warband size. You can for example destroy a house or another low priority building, to create a military building right away.
- 3) Allow your opponent to capture around 50% of your main tile. You should have enough time to prepare all of your villagers and create some military buildings, before you lose the game.
- 4) Attack with now increased amount of warband (7) and drag ALL of your villagers to your main tile to help fight.
If your opponent refuses to fight your villager army and retreats, they are in position where they are running out of food, while your villagers produce plenty. Eventually they have to attack you and you can just sit on your main tile. Turtling is super strong in this game.
- 5) If you have to push into your main tile, be sure to send 1 villager to enter trough a corner of the tile. This makes the enemies to charge at the lone villager, and you can attack your enemy with full force. They lose their “tile-defender advantage”, where defending units get to attack 1 second faster, than attacking units.
- 6) You’ve just beaten 12 warband units with the warband of 7, while being in the position of getting caught with your pants down. Well done.