Marvel’s Midnight Suns – Wolverine Bone & Claw Challenge Mission Walkthrough Guide and Hints. You can take a look at our guide for the challenge missions of all other characters except Wolverine; Challenge Mission Walkthroughs and Hints.
Wolverine Bone & Claw Challenge Mission Guide
Wolverine’s Challenge involves card effects and his chaining cards. The Let’s Do This card in your hand is a natural clue that the Counter from Stink of Fear is important.
Hint 1: The Strengthen from Lethal Pounce is necessary to do enough damage to defeat everyone. It must be played early.
Hint 2: The key aspect of Let’s Do This is only Taunted enemies attack. How can you make sure all enemies are Taunted?
Hint 3: Chain order is also important as a different distribution of the chain attacks can prevent you from doing enough damage to all enemies. Keep that in mind if you fail by just a little enemy health.
Primary Objective: Defeat the Whispers of Memory to acquire the Midnight Special ability card.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- Redraw and Move are disabled.
- The Challenge is failed if there are no more cards to play or the turn ends.
- Use Lethal Pounce on the closest Whisper of Memory on the left with a full combo to gain Strengthen. It doesn’t have to be this enemy, but that’s how this walkthrough will complete.
- Use Chain Swipes on the closer Whispers, with the first chain on the injured enemy and the remaining 2 on the uninjured one. This Taunts both Whispers on this end of the map.
- Use Stink of Fear on the other side of map to Taunt both of the remaining Whispers. Make sure you position it to set up knocking both enemies into the walls.
- Use a Power Slash on the Whisper on the right, knocking it into the short wall. This also applies Vulnerable and sets up doing the same to the other enemy.
- Use the other Power Slash on the other Whisper, also knocking it into the short wall. This again applies Vulnerable.
- Use Let’s Do This, which now affects all 4 Whispers. Due to the combination of Wolverine’s Strengthen and the Vulnerable you just applied, the 2 most recently attacked enemies will be defeated. Don’t worry about the damage Wolverine takes, it won’t matter.
- Use Eviscerate on the final two Whispers, using 2 chains on each. This defeats them both and acquires Midnight Special.
- Use Midnight Special to complete the Challenge.
What are Challenges?
Challenges are essentially solo character puzzles. Each character’s Challenge gives you a set hand, Offense stat, and even draw order to complete the mission, so don’t worry about character level or deck composition. The rules are generally the same (no Card Play limit, no Redraws or Moves, etc.), but they’ll all be listed in the sections below.
The first objective in most Challenges is usually to defeat certain enemies or destroy certain objects to add the character’s Legendary ability card to your hand, with the second objective simply an excuse to show the card off. Given the general nature of the first objective, the step-by-step walkthroughs aren’t the only solutions, but do solve the Challenge.
Completing a character’s Challenge gives you 2 rewards:
- The character’s Midnight Sun (Legendary) Suit
- The character’s Heroic (Legendary) card
Completed Challenges can be repeated for fun, but no longer award anything upon completion. Challenges only provide you with one copy of a character’s Heroic Legendary card. To obtain upgraded/modded versions of the cards, you must now either craft additional copies at the Forge or get lucky and find one in a Gamma Coil.
Since you get Hunter’s Challenge first, theirs is at the top of each section of this guide, with the remaining characters in alphabetical order.
To unlock Challenge Missions, the Armory upgrade must be built in the Forge, which becomes available after completing the research project, “Forged in Hellfire.” The requirements to research it are:
- The Forge must be at least Level 4.
- Complete 4 missions with Ghost Rider (both Story and General missions count).
The Armory costs 175 Credits to build, which adds the “Challenges” option to the Forge menu. The Hunter’s Challenge is immediately available. Other than Hulk’s, every other character’s Challenge is unlocked once you’ve earned Level 5 Friendship with them.