Marvel’s Midnight Suns – Scarlet Witch – Witch’s Trial Challenge Mission Walkthrough Guide and Hints. You can take a look at our guide for the challenge missions of all other characters except Scarlet Witch; Challenge Mission Walkthroughs and Hints.
Scarlet Witch – Witch’s Trial Challenge Mission Guide
Scarlet Witch’s Challenge focuses on her abilities hit enemies around her. Note that since the No More card is going to be used on the Incarnation of Memory, you can ignore it as a target.
Hint 1: With the Hex Fields centering around Scarlet Witch, how do you ensure they hit as many enemies as possible?
Hint 2: As the Hex Bolts start to gain more chains, which enemies should be targeted first to acquire more Hex Bolts?
Primary Objective: Defeat the Whispers of Memory to acquire the No More ability card, then use it to defeat the Incarnation of Memory.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- Redraw and Move are disabled.
- The Challenge is failed if there are no more cards to play or the turn ends.
- Use a Quick Toss+ on one of the farther Whispers of Memory and knock it closer to Scarlet Witch. We’re setting these up for the Hex Fields.
- Use the other Quick Toss+ on the other Whisper and knock it closer to Scarlet Witch. Every enemy should be within her radius now.
- Use a Hex Field. This should hit every enemy, and if it doesn’t, you’ll have to restart the encounter.
- Use the other Hex Field.
- Use Hex Bolt on the most damaged Whisper that holds another Hex Bolt. This defeats the enemy and acquires the held card.
- Use Hex Bolt and chain the full 2 attacks on the other Whisper that holds the final Hex Bolt. This defeats the enemy and acquires the held card.
- Use the last Hex Bolt to defeat the remaining two enemies by chaining 2 attacks on the healthier Whisper and 1 on the weaker one. This acquires No More.
- Use No More to complete the Challenge.
What are Challenges?
Challenges are essentially solo character puzzles. Each character’s Challenge gives you a set hand, Offense stat, and even draw order to complete the mission, so don’t worry about character level or deck composition. The rules are generally the same (no Card Play limit, no Redraws or Moves, etc.), but they’ll all be listed in the sections below.
The first objective in most Challenges is usually to defeat certain enemies or destroy certain objects to add the character’s Legendary ability card to your hand, with the second objective simply an excuse to show the card off. Given the general nature of the first objective, the step-by-step walkthroughs aren’t the only solutions, but do solve the Challenge.
Completing a character’s Challenge gives you 2 rewards:
- The character’s Midnight Sun (Legendary) Suit
- The character’s Heroic (Legendary) card
Completed Challenges can be repeated for fun, but no longer award anything upon completion. Challenges only provide you with one copy of a character’s Heroic Legendary card. To obtain upgraded/modded versions of the cards, you must now either craft additional copies at the Forge or get lucky and find one in a Gamma Coil.
Since you get Hunter’s Challenge first, theirs is at the top of each section of this guide, with the remaining characters in alphabetical order.
To unlock Challenge Missions, the Armory upgrade must be built in the Forge, which becomes available after completing the research project, “Forged in Hellfire.” The requirements to research it are:
- The Forge must be at least Level 4.
- Complete 4 missions with Ghost Rider (both Story and General missions count).
The Armory costs 175 Credits to build, which adds the “Challenges” option to the Forge menu. The Hunter’s Challenge is immediately available. Other than Hulk’s, every other character’s Challenge is unlocked once you’ve earned Level 5 Friendship with them.