Marvel’s Midnight Suns – Nico Minoru Black Shadows Challenge Mission Walkthrough Guide and Hints. You can take a look at our guide for the challenge missions of all other characters except Nico Minoru; Challenge Mission Walkthroughs and Hints.
Nico Minoru Black Shadows Challenge Mission Guide
Nico’s Challenge plays with the random targets of her abilities. Note that unlike most of the other Challenges, you do get 2 Redraws.
Hint 1: You will use both Redraws. What cards don’t look like they’ll provide much use?
Hint 2: Given the random nature of her attacks’ targeting, how can you minimize the number of targets to gain a little bit of control/predictability?
Objective: Defeat the Whispers to acquire the Crack in the Sky ability card.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- Two Redraws are available, but Move is disabled.
- The Challenge is failed if there are no more cards to play or the turn ends.
- Redraw Blood Magic. You don’t need the Lifesteal since enemies won’t be attacking. This will give you another Double Up, but this one is for Attack cards instead of Heroic cards.
- Use the Double Up to gain another copy of Witchstorm.
- Use the other Double Up to gain another copy of Witchfire.
- Since it looks like you’ll be using both Witchfires, you can safely Redraw Empower. Note that you could have done this earlier as Step 2. Redrawing will give you a new Blood Magic, but this one Strengthens.
- Use Blood Magic to Strengthen Nico.
- Use Witchstorm on the left-most Whisper of Memory. This minimizes the possible targets from 3 (if you targeted one of the inner ones) to 2.
- Do the same on the other side and use Witchstorm on the right-most Whisper of Memory. All Whispers are now at 32 health, perfect for Witchfire.
- Use a Witchfire, which defeats 2 of the Whispers of Memory.
- Use the other Witchfire, which defeats the remaining enemies. This acquires Crack in the Sky.
- Use Crack in the Sky to complete the Challenge. This is another great screenshot/photo opportunity!
What are Challenges?
Challenges are essentially solo character puzzles. Each character’s Challenge gives you a set hand, Offense stat, and even draw order to complete the mission, so don’t worry about character level or deck composition. The rules are generally the same (no Card Play limit, no Redraws or Moves, etc.), but they’ll all be listed in the sections below.
The first objective in most Challenges is usually to defeat certain enemies or destroy certain objects to add the character’s Legendary ability card to your hand, with the second objective simply an excuse to show the card off. Given the general nature of the first objective, the step-by-step walkthroughs aren’t the only solutions, but do solve the Challenge.
Completing a character’s Challenge gives you 2 rewards:
- The character’s Midnight Sun (Legendary) Suit
- The character’s Heroic (Legendary) card
Completed Challenges can be repeated for fun, but no longer award anything upon completion. Challenges only provide you with one copy of a character’s Heroic Legendary card. To obtain upgraded/modded versions of the cards, you must now either craft additional copies at the Forge or get lucky and find one in a Gamma Coil.
Since you get Hunter’s Challenge first, theirs is at the top of each section of this guide, with the remaining characters in alphabetical order.
To unlock Challenge Missions, the Armory upgrade must be built in the Forge, which becomes available after completing the research project, “Forged in Hellfire.” The requirements to research it are:
- The Forge must be at least Level 4.
- Complete 4 missions with Ghost Rider (both Story and General missions count).
The Armory costs 175 Credits to build, which adds the “Challenges” option to the Forge menu. The Hunter’s Challenge is immediately available. Other than Hulk’s, every other character’s Challenge is unlocked once you’ve earned Level 5 Friendship with them.