Table of Contents Show
Marvel’s Midnight Suns – Hulk Monster or Man Challenge Mission Walkthrough Guide and Hints. You can take a look at our guide for the challenge missions of all other characters except Hulk; Challenge Mission Walkthroughs and Hints.
Hulk Monster or Man Challenge Mission Guide
Hulk’s Challenge focuses on his Rage mechanic and balancing generation vs. consumption. Keep in mind that Rage also raises Hulk’s damage output.
Hint 1: There aren’t enough Rage generating cards to hit 5, so Let’s Do This is key. How do you get as many enemies Taunted as possible?
Hint 2: You need that Rampage card one of the Whispers is holding. How can you get that without wasting your Rage?
Objective: Reach 5 Rage to acquire the Worldbreaker ability card.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- Redraw and Move are disabled.
- The Challenge is failed if there are no more cards to play or the turn ends.
- Use a Gamma Kick on the lone Whisper of Memory to the right and knock it into the walls. This Taunts it and sets up a knockback on the Whisper holding Rampage.
- Use the other Gamma Kick on the Whisper holding Rampage and knock it into one of the other Whispers. The Taunt in this step doesn’t matter.
- Use a Smash on the Whisper holding Rampage.
- Use Crush on the Whisper holding Rampage, which defeats it and acquires the card.
- Use Rampage, chaining 1 attack on each of the 3 grouped Whispers. All 4 remaining enemies are now Taunted.
- Use Let’s Do This to make all 4 Taunted enemies attack Hulk, generating 4 Rage.
- Use the last Smash on any one of the remaining Whispers. This generates the 5th Rage and acquires Worldbreaker.
- Use Worldbreaker (and its immense area of effect) to defeat all the Whispers and complete the Challenge.
What are Challenges?
Challenges are essentially solo character puzzles. Each character’s Challenge gives you a set hand, Offense stat, and even draw order to complete the mission, so don’t worry about character level or deck composition. The rules are generally the same (no Card Play limit, no Redraws or Moves, etc.), but they’ll all be listed in the sections below.
The first objective in most Challenges is usually to defeat certain enemies or destroy certain objects to add the character’s Legendary ability card to your hand, with the second objective simply an excuse to show the card off. Given the general nature of the first objective, the step-by-step walkthroughs aren’t the only solutions, but do solve the Challenge.
Completing a character’s Challenge gives you 2 rewards:
- The character’s Midnight Sun (Legendary) Suit
- The character’s Heroic (Legendary) card
Completed Challenges can be repeated for fun, but no longer award anything upon completion. Challenges only provide you with one copy of a character’s Heroic Legendary card. To obtain upgraded/modded versions of the cards, you must now either craft additional copies at the Forge or get lucky and find one in a Gamma Coil.
Since you get Hunter’s Challenge first, theirs is at the top of each section of this guide, with the remaining characters in alphabetical order.
To unlock Challenge Missions, the Armory upgrade must be built in the Forge, which becomes available after completing the research project, “Forged in Hellfire.” The requirements to research it are:
- The Forge must be at least Level 4.
- Complete 4 missions with Ghost Rider (both Story and General missions count).
The Armory costs 175 Credits to build, which adds the “Challenges” option to the Forge menu. The Hunter’s Challenge is immediately available. Other than Hulk’s, every other.
Unlocking Hulk’s Challenge
Hulk doesn’t have a Friendship mechanic, so Hulk’s Challenge is unlocked by researching “Energy Drink.” However, that research isn’t available until “Change of Plans” has been researched.
The research requirements for these are:
“Change of Plans” – This unlocks the F.O.R.C.E. War Room upgrade.
- The Forge must be at least Level 15.
- Complete 3 missions with Hulk (both Story and General missions count).
“Energy Drink” – This unlocks the Overdrive Serum Combat Item Schematic and Hulk’s Challenge.
- The Forge must be at least Level 15.
- Upgrade 3 Hulk abilities. Note that upgrades done before this research is available do count.
Completing “Energy Drink” research unlocks Hulk’s Challenge. It isn’t necessary to build the the F.O.R.C.E. War Room upgrade, but it does need to be researched. If you decide to build it, it costs 75 Credits.