Marvel’s Midnight Suns – Blade Bare Fangs Challenge Mission Walkthrough Guide and Hints. You can take a look at our guide for the challenge missions of all other characters except Blade; Challenge Mission Walkthroughs and Hints.
Blade Bare Fangs Challenge Mission Guide
Blade’s Challenge is all about manipulating Bleed by stacking it on enemies and consuming it for additional damage.
- Hint 1: The Reaper ability held by the left Whisper of Memory is key to defeating the Incarnation of Memory. How do you stack as much Bleed on it as possible?
- Hint 2: When under the effects of Make ’em Bleed, note that every hit in a chain applies 2 Bleed. It’s not just a static 2 Bleed for each target.
Objective: Defeat the Incarnation of Memory to acquire the Glaive ability card.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- Redraw and Move are disabled.
- The Challenge is failed if there are no more cards to play or the turn ends.
- Use a Quick Strike+ on the right Whisper of Memory holding Make ’em Bleed. This won’t defeat it, but sets it up.
- Now that it’s damaged, use Relentless on it to defeat it, which acquires Make ’em Bleed.
- Use Make ’em Bleed to activate its Bleed application effect and draw Strike.
- Use Strike to target both the remaining Whisper of Memory and the Incarnation of Memory. This applies 2 Bleed to both targets.
- Use Daywalker‘s full combo (all 4 targets) on the Incarnation of Memory. This applies 8(!) Bleed, resulting in a total of 10.
- Use the remaining Quick Strike+ on the Whisper of Memory. This defeats it and acquires Reaper.
- Use Reaper on the Incarnation of Memory. This consumes the full stack of 10 Bleed for additional damage, more than enough to defeat it. Blade now acquires Glaive.
- Use Glaive on the newly-spawned Black Crystal to complete the Challenge.
What are Challenges?
Challenges are essentially solo character puzzles. Each character’s Challenge gives you a set hand, Offense stat, and even draw order to complete the mission, so don’t worry about character level or deck composition. The rules are generally the same (no Card Play limit, no Redraws or Moves, etc.), but they’ll all be listed in the sections below.
The first objective in most Challenges is usually to defeat certain enemies or destroy certain objects to add the character’s Legendary ability card to your hand, with the second objective simply an excuse to show the card off. Given the general nature of the first objective, the step-by-step walkthroughs aren’t the only solutions, but do solve the Challenge.
Completing a character’s Challenge gives you 2 rewards:
- The character’s Midnight Sun (Legendary) Suit
- The character’s Heroic (Legendary) card
Completed Challenges can be repeated for fun, but no longer award anything upon completion. Challenges only provide you with one copy of a character’s Heroic Legendary card. To obtain upgraded/modded versions of the cards, you must now either craft additional copies at the Forge or get lucky and find one in a Gamma Coil.
Since you get Hunter’s Challenge first, theirs is at the top of each section of this guide, with the remaining characters in alphabetical order.
To unlock Challenge Missions, the Armory upgrade must be built in the Forge, which becomes available after completing the research project, “Forged in Hellfire.” The requirements to research it are:
- The Forge must be at least Level 4.
- Complete 4 missions with Ghost Rider (both Story and General missions count).
The Armory costs 175 Credits to build, which adds the “Challenges” option to the Forge menu. The Hunter’s Challenge is immediately available. Other than Hulk’s, every other character’s Challenge is unlocked once you’ve earned Level 5 Friendship with them.